Job Title [Supply Chain Associate]
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Position Type: Full Time- Exempt
- Buy and Manage inventory investment to maximize fill rates and inventory turns.
- Monitor inventory levels and place purchase orders as necessary to support the business. Analyze proposed purchase orders by using applicable information, including forecast, historical demand, in stocks and inventory turns metrics
- Maintain data integrity throughout the systems and reporting tools
- Management of vendor analysis including vendor performance, optimal pricing, quality and delivery, etc
- Cultivate and procure positive and professional vendor relationships
- Liaise and support cross-functional teams (Vendors, Warehouse, Sales, Marketing and Finance) to ensure the company meets performance targets
- Play a supportive role in further development of ERP system functionality
- Report out on performance metrics
- Support the repair process for instruments
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and ERP Systems.
- Strong knowledge in improving business process reporting and analytics
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and develop strong business relationships with vendors and associates; tactful, mature and flexible.
- Good reasoning & judgement
- Working knowledge with inventory planning methodologies such as MRP, Kanban, etc.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of continuous improvement methodologies such as LEAN, JIT, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Logistics, Business, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Supply chain and logistics experience
- Experience using SAP or ERP
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel
- Experience with importation and customs brokerage (preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in purchasing and inventory management required (in a Medical Device Company preferred)
- Other projects and duties as needed to support business objectives