Job Title [Social Media Intern]
Reports to: VP Marketing
Position Type: Part-time, non-exempt
1) Social Media Community Management
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities
- Increase the number of followers we have on Twitter by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates.
- Monitoring and replying to Tweets (initially under supervision)
- Posting Tweets on a daily basis; using tools like TweetDeck to plan forward-looking Tweets over weekends and holidays (under supervision)
- Posting updates to the Company LinkedIn account (initially under supervision)
- Use LinkedIn polls and surveys to build our social media footprint and reputation
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to date
- Posting updates to the Company Facebook account (under supervision from a Director)
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with brand managers to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc)
2) Coordinating and Distributing Content
- Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, editorial, marketing and blogging calendar.
- Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar and ensure that deadlines are met
- Using tools such as Webflow, Technorati and Twitgroups, identify and monitor key industry bloggers, trade journalists and twitter influencers. Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post. Use tools such as wefollow and technorati to also identify influencers.
- Repurpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel).
3) Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, LinkedIn company stats, etc.
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site. Look at the best performing web site pages and try to generate new content that does the same or better.
- Use tools like Klout, Tweriod and TwitBro to measure our Twitter influence, and monitor what kind of content gets retweeted to help with future content.
- Use HootSuite to create lists of followers and to schedule tweets so that they are continuously pushed out.
- Work to build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
4) Email Marketing and SEO
- Work with each team to create and send one email broadcast per month around content ideas and keys jobs.
- Research free online directories to generate inbound links for SEO.
- Using Google, search on key words and look at our competitors’ brands for forums and directories that we can sign up to generate in-bound links for our company.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards the teams you support internally
- An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- A degree (or pursuing a degree) in digital marketing, Marketing, Graphic Communications
- General familiarity with social media platforms
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position does not require travel. This job operates in a professional office environment.
- Backup/ team coverage of other functions.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by to other departments