Job Title [Inside Sales and Customer Service Director]
Reports to: VP Sales
Position Type: Full Time-Exempt
The Inside Sales and Customer Service Director is responsible for executing to meet/exceed revenue targets, hiring and training staff, creating and sustaining a successful and motivating culture, managing the day to day performance of the team and coaching/ improving individual performance. Position reports to Vice President of Sales and interacts with customers and the outside sales team.
- Provides positive leadership, guidance, and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged, collaborative, and productive workforce.
- Work cross functionally to develop short-term and long-term strategic plans that align with the organizations sales and marketing goals and execute on those activities to drive an increased number of sales, opportunities and leads.
- Obtain knowledge of market dynamics to identify sales targets, competitor influence and information, and penetrate new accounts.
- Develop, lead, communicate, and manage all phases of the sales process, including prospecting, presenting, negotiating, closing sale, etc. continuously looking for process improvement opportunities.
- Refine, implement, and manage sales metrics, KPI’s, best practices, and workflow utilizing ERP and CRM analytics to consistently measure and improve performance to meet revenue targets.
- Uncover customer insights, define value proposition, determine appropriate sales and marketing strategy to maximize growth objectives.
- Investigate and resolve customer challenges in a professional and timely manner.
- Accurately report on sales activities and forecasting utilizing tools such as Salesforce.
- Ensure customer orders processed efficiently and error free.
- Restructure / merge Inside Sales and Customer Service as necessary creating a seamless customer experience.
- Strong business and business system acumen.
- Clear understanding of clinic/office/hospital/surgery center call points and products.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Manages Inside Sales Specialists, Inside Account Specialists and Customer Service Representatives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business or equivalent experience.
- 6-10 years of experience within Medical Devices industry with focus on clinic/office call point and products preferred.
- Experience in executing programs to increase revenue and market share.
- Project management, data analytics and budget management.
- Team development and performance management.
- Salesforce CRM, CRM systems, ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position is based in Parsippany, NJ and is office based. Some periodical travel may be required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.